I would like to resurect the grey water tank thread

Started by bae146, April 15, 2017, 03:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bae146

Finally getting around to the grey water tank, it only holds 75% of what it should.  I remember there being something about the pvc tube going into the tank to far....

bae146

Nevermind, Took the tank down, trimmed the pipes, put it back up, works great now.

Fatdog1

I have a 2014 21 BHS and haven't looked into capacity of Grey water tank and venting issue that I read some time ago. Did you do 5 gallon bucket fill to see what your grey water tank capacity was before it backed up into kitchen sink as that's what ours does when we know it's full? How difficult was it to get the tank back up into place and pipes fitted  into the tank holes? Just wondering how you did it.
Thanks, Peter

bae146

I just went by the guage.  It used to only fill to 75 percent, now it goes to 100 percent.  Removing the tank is easy, disconnect the drain tube at the shutoff valve, undo the straps and it is on the ground.  I used a hacksaw to trim the tubes.  Took me about 90 min to complete the job.

Fatdog1

Thanks for the reply, You must have tank monitoring system, I don't have that option on my tanks.

bae146

I installed the sea level tank monitoring system.  Highly recommend that one.