Switch from 2017 model year to 2018 model year

Started by JazzyPigsGA, April 10, 2017, 08:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JazzyPigsGA

Just curious, We are awaiting our camper that we ordered in Feb  but I noticed that 2018 are rolling out. When does that switch occur and what are the changes?

djmiller

Not really any specific changes that occurred at model year change.  Not like the old days..... Same for the automotive industry for the most part.
The web site is generally updated with the current changes you would notice.  I believe most of the models changed in Early Feb and for many of the models it consisted of not much more than a VIN Letter Change.  That being said all models are under a continuous cycle of product improvement. Small changes are being made such as slightly lowering the counter tops, changes to the slide mechanisms, new windows as the Dometic are no longer available (the replacement actually look the same except a darker tint). These changes were not actually tied however to a model year change but more a continuous improvement as each model is tweaked.

JazzyPigsGA

Thanks Dan! We are actually picking up or 21 RBS Friday so it will be interesting to see what model year it is-not that it matters it sounds like. We are just excited to get in it.
Dave

wakeboydb

Congratulations!  We bought a 2017 21bhs just before Christmas and have had ZERO disappointments.
2017 21BHS

JazzyPigsGA

I see you are in NC-who was your dealer? We are hoping for the zero disappointment as well. We purchased through Southland outside of Atlanta.

wakeboydb

D&H rv in Apex NC. They have been truly outstanding!  We did have poor tv reception on an early trip but D&h diagnosed and fixed it within a day or so. Their sales and service departments are both fantastic.
2017 21BHS

Silverfox

Speaking of VIN's, does anyone know if the VIN tells you what year your trailer is?  Just curious.
We're lost...but we're making good time

djmiller

Yes if it has a J as the 10th character it is a 2018.

Silverfox

Thanks Dan, I was looking at a new 16DBS at the dealer recently that he had just got in and he thought it was 2018 but it still had the older styled interior. I know someone on this board had mentioned that changes are made throughout the production year.
We're lost...but we're making good time

MarshHawk

Just for reference as to dealers getting 2018s in their possession.....I bought a 2018 that was on the dealers lot as of 1 week ago (July 8th, 2017). 
Dealer is in Illinois.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Ford F-150 3.5L Eco Boost (GTDI)
10 speed trans 4x4 Off Road
Max Towing pkg.