Favorite Camper Camera??

Started by jtay2380, April 02, 2017, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtay2380

I am about to get a 21BHS

Was wondering if anyone had a trailer camera system they liked. 

Thanks
Jtay2380

tbrady

I just installed a Voyager wireless one on our 21BHS.  We leave in 2 days for a long trip and I'll report back how it works....

7thunders

Yes please lets us know as well how it works.
Is it a backup camera? or can you see/use it anytime from your vehicle?   is it bluetoothed? battery operated or wired in to ..
thanks
Rob
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

tbrady

The camera I have is the Voyager WVOS43 wireless camera.  I took the rig for a 10 mile test run yesterday and the camera worked great.   I was cruising at about 65 and the picture remained clear the entire time.  We are leaving this afternoon for a 10 day 3k mile trip so when I get back I will report on how it did... so far though it looks pretty good.

7thunders

How is the camera wired in?  Where is it mounted?
Is the display wired or plugged into cigarette lighter?
thanks.
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

tbrady

The camera gets power from one of the running lights on the back of the trailer. The monitor plugs into the cigarette lighter. We have put about 1,500 miles on it the last week or so and it's been working great

Mitch

How hard was it to wire in the camera to the running light?  Any risk of leaks?

Thx,Mitch

chappy133

Silicone solves the leak issues.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

tbrady

Quote from: Mitch on April 15, 2017, 07:55:11 AM
How hard was it to wire in the camera to the running light?  Any risk of leaks?

Thx,Mitch

It was super easy to tie into running lights.  I just drilled a tiny like 1/32 size hole to run the wires through and filled with silicone.

tbrady

One other update... although the camera works great during the day at night I'm not all that pleased with it.  There is no way to turn off the infrared lights and even with the monitor dimmed it is way to bright at night.  And you mainly get a very whitewashed picture at night, you can hardly even make out headlights of other cars when passing.