New Member - 2013 16DBS

Started by DaleSD, March 20, 2023, 03:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleSD

Hello from San Diego!

I purchased my Camp Lite 16DBS from its second owner in November and I couldn't be more pleased with the layout and construction.  I have embarked on a renovation and upgrade project to make it a 4 season, "offgrid-able" rig. My first project, was to install a factory Dexter 2 5/8" lift between the axles and frame then put 15" wheels on her which is an incredible improvement! I am installing Espar Hydronic heat and HW system, and a complete Victron energy system with LiFePO battery bank. AND most importantly, I want to install Poly Iso insulation on undercarriage ( goal is 3"!)

I love the all aluminum chassis frame and interior cabinetry. Right now I am trying to find a replacement window for the front driver side window, as it was damaged pretty badly, by the previous owner's friend who borrowed the camper for a weekend.    The owner said he had been looking for a replacement online but did not have any luck.  It is a 520mm x700mm Dometic -Sietz ( which apparently went out of production).  IF anyone has information on where there might be one, I would appreciate it. IF not, one of my coworkers has constructed his own overland rig and used Arctic Tern windows, however I would have to cut out the bottom of the window opening by another 1- 1/4".  I pulled up the window "frame" and saw what looked like a 1" AL frame around it.  I was wondering if anyone has had to do the same and cut out that bottom frame piece and expand the window cut out  downward. 

I am looking forward to being involved in this forum and "meeting" all of you and will attempt to keep up on my progress.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/ recommendations!

Best Regards,

Dale 

chappy133

Another good location for ideas and discussions for all things Livin Lite is at the Aluminum Campers Forum:  https://aluminumcamperforum.com
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA