Under bench access

Started by Jillbenisch, March 31, 2017, 12:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jillbenisch

We love our LL except for only one thing!  If the table is collapsed to our bed, we can't access the bench storage without moving the table due to where it rests!  Soooo frustrating and seems like a simple thing to avoid as our old '82 Jayco didn't do this!  The shelf the table sat on was attached to the bench base not the access door.  i can't think of a possible mod that would work.

hat4rvn

I would also be interested in a mod that would solve this problem.  Now I've damaged the table edge (exposing the foam interior) and will need to repair/replace the table.  Any ideas?

Root

I am looking for a new table too for the same reasons.  The laminate edges have become cracked and now flop out around the corners.  Whatever you do, don't use glue to try and reattach.  The glue may/will eat the styrofoam core.  I know from experience.

As well, I actually have cut a hole in the camper wall and created an access hatch.  I bought a ready made door frame from a local camper/trailer store.  The new hatch is a wonderful thing.  I no longer have to lift the bench to get items out.  The door a bought is a little crappy though.  I would really like to be able to buy direct from Livin Lite the same hatch/cabinet doors that were designed into the camper.

tbrady

Quote from: Root on April 23, 2017, 11:59:46 PM
I am looking for a new table too for the same reasons.  The laminate edges have become cracked and now flop out around the corners.  Whatever you do, don't use glue to try and reattach.  The glue may/will eat the styrofoam core.  I know from experience.

As well, I actually have cut a hole in the camper wall and created an access hatch.  I bought a ready made door frame from a local camper/trailer store.  The new hatch is a wonderful thing.  I no longer have to lift the bench to get items out.  The door a bought is a little crappy though.  I would really like to be able to buy direct from Livin Lite the same hatch/cabinet doors that were designed into the camper.

Do you have any pics?

hwagley

As far as the table- I recently took it out because it was so awkward to put up and down for the bed but also to store when the bed was down.  Went to home depot to get 2 custom cut wood slats, then glued styrofoam to the wood to get it to the right height (it was either some sort of insulation maybe?? came in a huge sheet also at home depot).  Spray painted the foam and stained the wood so it would look nicer.  Then use a tv tray for eating.  Works much better! I'll try to get some pics.

Root

Quote from: tbrady on April 24, 2017, 11:30:49 AM

Do you have any pics?

Attached is a picture of the under bench access hatch I installed.

Diversteve