Battery & Electrical 2018 QS 6.0

Started by Historybuffaz, September 05, 2022, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Historybuffaz

Hello all! I recently purchased a 2018 QS 6.0. The previous owner removed the battery and associated parts to install a bike rack. I can't find anything online about how to reinstall the battery or what the wiring should look like. The only battery related thing I could find is a red wire that leads to a self-resetting breaker and another red wire on the other post. Plus, for some reason they cut the wires for the 4-way plug, but then retired them through a junction box and again after the box.

I've attached photos. If you could provide some photos of what it should look like I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

chappy133

I had a 2011 6.0 years ago.  Under the bench seat should be the electrical cord storage and the 12 VT chargers and inverter. You should be able to rerun or reconnect the 12 VT power cables and crimp on battery connectors. You might need to fabricate or purchase the tray to hold the battery too. Questions on this I would give the folks at etrailer a call and they should be able to assist.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

Historybuffaz

Thanks Chuck! Is etrailer the only place to get parts or accessories?

chappy133

Lots of RV vendors but I can only recommend etrailer from personal experience.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

rosydam

I understand your frustration! Reinstalling the battery on a 2018 QS 6.0 after the previous owner removed it can be confusing, especially without proper documentation. Unfortunately, I can't provide only up specific photos of your individual setup due to safety concerns and the possibility of variations between different QS 6.0 units. However, I can offer some general guidance and resources that might help:

1. Identify the Battery Terminals:

Those two red wires are likely your battery terminals. The self-resetting breaker suggests it's protecting the positive terminal. Be very careful not to touch them together or to any metal objects while working on the system.
2. Consult the Owner's Manual:

If you haven't already, try to obtain the owner's manual for your specific QS 6.0 model year. This should have detailed instructions and diagrams for the battery installation process. You can usually find manuals online or contact the manufacturer directly.
3. Contact QS Support:

If the manual doesn't provide enough information or you're unsure about something, reach out to QS customer support directly. They have the expertise to answer your questions and guide you through the process safely.
4. Seek Professional Help:

If you're uncomfortable working with electrical systems or unsure about the specific wiring in your QS 6.0, it's best to seek help from a qualified electrician or marine technician familiar with this type of boat.