Extremely frustrated

Started by tbrady, March 27, 2017, 04:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrady

We were supposed to pick up our travel trailer 2 weeks ago from the dealer but as of minutes ago the trailer is still sitting on the FACTORY LOT.  I normally wouldn't be so aggravated but we were assured when we ordered this thing right after Christmas that we would be able to get it my Mid-March at the absolute latest.  So we planned a huge trip that starts next week thinking 3 extra weeks would be plenty of time in case things ran a little late.

I've spoken to my dealer several times and early last week they told him the trailer had shipped.  Today they told him the trailer hasn't actually shipped yet, meanwhile he is receiving trailers that he ordered AFTER ours was ordered.

My wife is so upset I'm about to drive to friggin Indiana to see if I can take it to my dealer myself so our trip isn't ruined. :(

Sorry for ranting...  it's just frustrating my dealer can't even get a straight answer and we can get this trailer delivered anywhere near the time it was supposed to be.

rgb13qbb

I would respectfully suggest that if your dealer is doing his/her job they would be taking care of this problem with the factory for you. The dealer should be leveraging their factory sales rep to get this resolved. After all, the dealer has a vested interest in this as well. They are not going to get paid until they deliver the trailer to you. Talk to the dealership general manager or the dealership owner. I hope you get this resolved in time for your trip.

tbrady

My dealer has been great so far and they have been calling me every day.  Early last week my dealer was told the trailer had shipped and only today did he discover after calling again that the trailer is still sitting at the factory.  My dealer has been calling them almost daily but at one point it took him over a week to get a response from the factory.

rgb13qbb

You may want to try sending a pm (private message) through this form to Dan Miller. Dan is an employee of Livin Lite, who as I understand it has been with the company through the transitions, and is very customer centric. Dan is also an administrator of this forum for Livin Lite. You can find Dan under many of the index topics, click on his name and that will bring you to a drop down menu and the PM portal. As a design engineer with 48 years of new product development and introductions under my belt I know the transition to new manufacturing facilities can be taxing on manpower and resources and, unfortunately, customer service is often the one that gets the short shift. Ultimately they will get it straightened around but until then I know it is a pain for the end use consumer, you and I.

Best of luck and stick it out. After much research and comparing the design and build quality of the Camplite to our former Airstream Argosy we have no doubt that choosing the Camplite was the right choice for us. We hope you find the same end result.

JazzyPigsGA

Hang in there we ordered Jan 15. Delivery was supposed to be 3/20. Haven't gotten why it's not here other than another forum said there is a shortage of drivers. Weather doesn't seem to be the cause that I can tell. Shooting for April at this point.
Dan may want to chime in as a general observation- not looking for specifics

abodyjoe

i'd cancel, get my refund and buy something else...

tbrady

It finally showed up... just in time thank goodness!