Iberia

Started by Viviannnv, July 29, 2023, 04:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viviannnv

A flight from London to Madrid was canceled owing to an aircraft malfunction. I made an EU261 claim and received a response in around 4 hours accepting my claim and requesting for bank details, among other things.
In any case, it requested that I transmit a copy of my passport, personal information, and bank information by reply email, which I believe is utterly wrong.
I wrote a message requesting them to offer a secure mechanism to send this information and did not receive a response, so I launched a new customer support case and uploaded everything they requested all at once. I then responded to the old case with the new case URL, noting that everything they required to be had been posted there.
Is it true that Iberia requests these data through email from every consumer who files a claim?

timmn

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you had with Iberia. It must have been really disappointing not to receive the promised full refund and encounter difficulties with their customer service. If you're looking for additional reading on how to handle such situations or seek further guidance, you might find it helpful to check out AirAdvisor. They specialize in assisting passengers with flight-related issues, including refund disputes, and can provide valuable insights and support. Dealing with airline issues can indeed be quite stressful, and I hope you find a resolution soon.