Livin’ Lite Roof

Started by Feltart, April 06, 2022, 12:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feltart

I'm the 2nd owner of a 2009 Livin' Lite camper, model CU5BH. The roof now needs fixing as I am having a lot of leaks. Does anyone happen to know what kind of caulk would have been used on this type of camper. Thanks so much for any help! Ellen

Bejinscbr

Haven't heard of that model. Post a picture if you can. If it's an aluminum roof, then you can use Dicor RV sealant. I prefer NON-self leveling. Put down a couple foot bead, then have a cup Handy with water and a bit of soap to help smooth it where you want it to go. Just kind of tap it to smooth out. The self leveling stuff flows too flat in my opinion.

Ayumi

You may want to reach out to the manufacturer of your camper to see if they have any specific recommendations for sealants that can be used on your model and year. Additionally, you can also check with RV repair and maintenance professionals or consult the owner's manual of the camper for more information.
It's also important to note that to prevent leaks, a proper maintenance is important, that includes check and cleaning the roof, seals, and gaskets.

Regards,
Ayumi Hayashi
drywall installation in dallas texas