What on earth is this thing stuck to my ceiling?

Started by CampMonster, September 25, 2021, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CampMonster

Hi All,

I have a 2017 Livin Lite 11FK, and stuck to the ceiling right above the pop-out bunk is the thing in the photo.  It looks like a stereo jack, but it makes no sense.  Is it for a subwoofer plug in?  Is it to plug in headphones for silent listening to the TV?  Speaker "A" and "B" are in the camper and outside, respectively, is this speaker "C"? 

I plugged in headphones with the stereo on and switched on all speakers and the subwoofer, to no effect.  I did get a hum in the headset from the LED lights.  I have not turned on the TV yet and tried to use the headphones.

Thanks for looking.

CM
Keepin' it skinny

Bejinscbr

It is for a 12volt light. It plugs in there, has a flexible cord, and clips onto the tip-out pole. I'll try to get a picture of mine soon.

CampMonster

WOW...

I would have never guessed that, thank you!  Did the plug-in light come with the camper?  We bought our 2017 model used this year.

A 1/4 inch headphone jack fits into that outlet and it looks like an audio socket...and with all of the local/remote switchable LED lighting in the ceiling, with one of the LEDs being adjacent to the pop-out bed, it seems redundant to have yet another light outlet.  I noticed Camplite only included this with some models, and some specific years.

CM
Keepin' it skinny

Bejinscbr

It was in mine when I got it. 1 for each tip-out. This is on a 2014 toyhauler model. Also had it on a 2013 toyhauler.

Bejinscbr