livinlite camplite 13bhb-locating roof trusses

Started by hrolfur, July 06, 2021, 10:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrolfur

Hi,
I am preparing a 2014 13BHB solar panel install & need to drill holes in the roof to complete the installation.

What is the most accurate method of finding the aluminum roof truss locations through the aluminum sheet roof?
Anyone have a roof truss diagram or had 100% success locating the trusses through the aluminium roof?

Appreciate your advice, thanks,

Earth Canary

Hello, I put solar panels on the roof of my vintage camper. However, with this 2014 13BHB I have now, I use the "suitcase solar panels" which are much easier and store precisely in the gap to the left of the door! You may have considered this and discarded this option already, but since the batteries are set up for the solar clip-ons, I found this to be a much easier solution. To your question, I have not attempted to locate the roof trusses; there must be a schematic somewhere within this forum? Good luck.

hrolfur

The Camplite has metal trusses and metal roof which a stud finder could not locate the trusses from the outside.

The solution was:
-stud find found the metal trusses & truss spacing through the interior azdel roof
-transfer metal trusses inside locations to the outside roof
-drill small pilot hole in first truss to confirm 100% truss location

The above method resulted in an easy solar panel installation to the roof trusses

I hope this will guide other Camplite owners on similar roof projects.

ht

I have had no success using a stud finder through the azdel in y 16BHB. It beeps all the tie or not at all. Any helpful hints? What brand stud finder?

Thanks.

hrolfur

rosydam

Hi,

Drilling holes in the roof for a solar panel installation requires careful planning and consideration to avoid damaging the roof structure. Here are some steps you can follow to geometry dash locate the aluminum roof truss locations through the aluminum sheet roof:

Obtain Roof Truss Diagram: If you have access to building plans or blueprints, you might find a roof truss diagram that indicates the location of the trusses. If you don't have the plans, consider contacting the building's architect or a structural engineer who might be able to provide you with the necessary information.

Visual Inspection: Before drilling any holes, conduct a visual inspection of the roof from the inside (attic or crawl space) and the outside. Look for any visible signs of truss locations, such as nail patterns, support beams, or markings on the roof. Trusses are typically spaced at regular intervals.

Use Stud Finder or Magnetic Locator: You can use a stud finder or a magnetic locator designed for metal roof applications to detect the positions of metal trusses. These tools can help you locate the metal components beneath the aluminum sheet.

Measure from Roof Edges: If you know the general layout of the trusses, you can measure from the edges of the roof to estimate where they are located. Trusses are often spaced at 16 or 24 inches apart, but this can vary depending on the building design.

Seek Professional Help: If you're uncertain about locating the trusses accurately, consider seeking the assistance of a professional contractor, roofer, or structural engineer. They have experience in locating roof trusses and can help ensure a precise installation.

Remember, accuracy is crucial when drilling holes in the roof. Be cautious not to damage the trusses or compromise the structural integrity of the roof. Additionally, be mindful of any waterproofing and sealing requirements to maintain the roof's integrity.

Always prioritize safety during the installation process. Use appropriate safety equipment, and if you're not comfortable with the process, consult with experts who can help you with the task.

Good luck with your solar panel installation, and I hope the information provided proves helpful to you!

lilycoliinsxx

It's great to see that you're taking the time to carefully plan your solar panel installation on your aluminum roof. Your steps for locating incredibox the aluminum roof truss locations are well thought out and will help ensure a successful and safe installation. Remember that precision and attention to detail are key when working with roofing structures.

emmausa

A common way is to look for horizontal lines on the roof to determine the location of the roof trusses. These horizontal lines often appear as folds or marks on the roof surface. You can use a measuring tool slope to make sure the distance between them is even.

marryjoy6374

heardle is a great game that helps you improve your listening, judgment and intellectual skills. Playing this game is not only suitable for adults but also for children and teenagers