My first upgrade- new door lock

Started by tek610, March 17, 2017, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tek610

When we got our trailer home last week, we discovered that our door lock didn't work. I didn't even think to check it at the dealership, the keys were tie-wrapped in the refrigerator. The key wouldn't go all the way in either key slot. The code on the key matched the lock, so who knows? Probably a result of sitting on the lot for a year. (Same reason I'll be upgrading tires before our first trip.) I'm sure I could have taken it apart and fixed it, but this was a nice excuse to upgrade.

We bought a keyless entry lock from RVLOCK. It installed in minutes and so far, it works great. I'm happy that my TT isn't sitting in my yard unlocked anymore!

Next up on the list- hardwired surge protector..

John
John and Janet Phipps
2016 13QBB "Phipps' Pholly"
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ

BeerSnob

Sounds cool, do you have a link to the lock you used? I'd be interested in something like that I think.

tek610

https://www.rvlock.com/collections/frontpage/products/rvlock-v4-0-w-integrated-keypad-for-rvs

A little pricey, but the best I could find. I'm pretty sure there's a 20% off sale right now. Code: KEYLESS20.

(For the record, I am not affiliated with this company- it is merely an endorsement!)

John
John and Janet Phipps
2016 13QBB "Phipps' Pholly"
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ