Truck Camper or Toy Hauler

Started by Tundra.17, March 06, 2017, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tundra.17

Toyota Tundra. Max Payload 1630 lbs, 9700 lb towing capacity. Toy Hauler to occasionally carry one motorcycle. Bicycle on Rail Trails alot(truck camper would get me there faster, and better parking). I'd buy a Toy Hauler in a heartbeat, but the size of the Kitchen Setup in a 7 X 20 leaves a lot to be desired. Does Livin" Lite offer custom sizes like 8.5 X 20 to get that larger counter area, and can larger sinks be installed?
On one hand a Truck Camper would max out the payload and be cramped, Toy Hauler would be 50% of Towing Capacity, more spacious, and a tiny sink.
thanks.

djmiller

Unfortunately the 7x20 has no room for a larger sink as the counter top also has a (2) burner cook top in it.
Have you looked at the 8.5x24?

Tundra.17

Yes. I see that's your next size up. But 1700 lbs heavier, and hitch weight 200 lbs more, and two feet taller(wind drag). I like the kitchen setup on an Adrenaline 19CB, but the weight it too much.

epiphysis18

I have the 8.5 x 22. it will carry two motorcycles easily.  Its dry weight is 4100 lbs.  I have a Ram 1500 diesel rated at 8400 lbs towing.  this set up is very easy to get around.  the truck tows the trailer easily.  I do use an Andersen WD hitch.  the room in the galley is very sufficient as is the bathroom.  there will be compromise with anything you get.  I would get this toy hauler again in a second.  I love it!