Quicksilver 10.0 vs good pop-up camper

Started by Mariposa, September 24, 2020, 11:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariposa

Hi! I have an older Jayco Eagle pop up camper (weight 2200 lbs) and I'm considering buying a Quicksilver 10.0 instead. If you've had both a good quality pop up and a QS, can you tell me which one you like the best and why?

Here's why I'm considering the switch: I bought the Jayco used and the previous owners did a really good refurbishing job - took out all the floors and cabinets, refaced everything, and it's really beautiful and fresh with no rot. But, the poles are causing problems, some of them are broken and we have to manually push them open or guide them closed, and the lift cables seem like they're about to break. It takes a good 45 minutes to set up and take down b/c of all the manual fixes we need to make. It's frustrating and worrisome. I thought about buying a newer model but I worry about the poles and cables breaking a few years down the road. It seems like the QS would solve those problems. As a single mom with two young kids, I need something really reliable.

Here's why I'm hesitating: sleeping in the Jayco is soooo comfortable! My kids and I love it. And I haven't heard anyone describe the QS as "super comfy." Having never gone car camping before -- only backpacking -- I shouldn't be so concerned about comfort! But now that I've slept comfortably while camping I don't want to give it up. Also: we bring along our 3 mountain bikes and that seems a bit of a problem with the QS (tho I've read some amazing ideas on the QS Facebook page).

I'd love to hear your comparisons, pros and cons, and why you're happier with one or the other! Thanks!!!

nelsonvickery

Quote from: Mariposa on September 24, 2020, 11:44:57 PMHi! I have an older Jayco Eagle pop up camper (weight 2200 lbs) and I'm considering buying a Quicksilver 10.0 instead. If you've had both a good quality pop up and a QS, can you tell me which one you like the best and why?

Here's why I'm considering the switch: I bought the Jayco used and the previous owners did a really good refurbishing job - took out all the floors and cabinets, refaced everything, and it's really beautiful and fresh with no rot. But, the poles are causing problems, some of them are broken and we have to manually push them open or guide them closed, and the lift cables seem like they're about to break. It takes a good 45 minutes to set up and take down b/c of all the manual fixes we need to make. It's frustrating and worrisome. I thought about buying a newer model but I worry about the poles and cables breaking a few years down the road. It seems like the QS would solve those problems. As a single mom with two young kids, I need something really reliable.

Here's why I'm hesitating: sleeping in the Jayco is soooo comfortable! My kids and I love it. And I haven't heard anyone describe the QS as "super comfy." Having never gone car camping before -- only backpacking -- I shouldn't be so concerned about comfort! But now that I've slept comfortably while camping I don't want to give uno online up. Also: we bring along our 3 mountain bikes and that seems a bit of a problem with the QS (tho I've read some amazing ideas on the QS Facebook page).

I'd love to hear your comparisons, pros and cons, and why you're happier with one or the other! Thanks!!!

The Quicksilver 10.0 is a great option for those who want a reliable and easy-to-use pop-up camper. It's lightweight, easy to tow, and has a simple setup process. The Quicksilver 10.0 also has a solid aluminum frame that is more durable than the poles on traditional pop-up campers, which can be prone to breaking or bending over time.

However, as you mentioned, the Quicksilver 10.0 may not be as comfortable as your Jayco Eagle pop-up camper. While the Quicksilver 10.0 does have some amenities like a sink, stove, and refrigerator, it doesn't have the same level of comfort as a traditional pop-up camper with a full bed and other amenities.

Another potential issue with the Quicksilver 10.0 is that it may not be able to accommodate your three mountain bikes. While there are some creative solutions available on the Quicksilver Facebook page, it's important to make sure that you'll be able to transport all of your gear before making a purchase. Let's decide based on your personal preferences and needs.

preeti123

Quote from: nelsonvickery on September 18, 2023, 11:22:08 PM
Quote from: Mariposa on September 24, 2020, 11:44:57 PMHi! I have an older Jayco Eagle pop up camper (weight 2200 lbs) and I'm considering buying a Quicksilver 10.0 instead. If you've had both a good quality pop up and a QS, can you tell me which one you like the best and why?

Here's why I'm hesitating: sleeping in the Jayco is soooo comfortable! My kids and I love it. And I haven't heard anyone describe the QS as "super comfy." Having never gone car camping before -- only backpacking -- I shouldn't be so concerned about comfort! But now that I've slept comfortably while camping I don't want to give up to sell tickets online. Also: we bring along our 3 mountain bikes and that seems a bit of a problem with the QS (tho I've read some amazing ideas on the QS Facebook page).

The Quicksilver 10.0 is a great option for those who want a reliable and easy-to-use pop-up camper. It's lightweight, easy to tow, and has a simple setup process. The Quicksilver 10.0 also has a solid aluminum frame that is more durable than the poles on traditional pop-up campers, which can be prone to breaking or bending over time.

However, as you mentioned, the Quicksilver 10.0 may not be as comfortable as your Jayco Eagle pop-up camper. While the Quicksilver 10.0 does have some amenities like a sink, stove, and refrigerator, it doesn't have the same level of comfort as a traditional pop-up camper with a full bed and other amenities.

Another potential issue with the Quicksilver 10.0 is that it may not be able to accommodate your three mountain bikes. While there are some creative solutions available on the Quicksilver Facebook page, it's important to make sure that you'll be able to transport all of your gear before making a purchase. Let's decide based on your personal preferences and needs.

marquise90

Here's why I'm hesitating: sleeping in the Jayco is soooo comfortable! My kids and I love it. And I haven't heard anyone describe the QS as "super comfy." Having never gone car camping before -- only backpacking -- I shouldn't be so concerned about comfort! But now that I've slept comfortably while getaway shootout camping I don't want to give it up. Also: we bring along our 3 mountain bikes and that seems a bit of a problem with the QS (tho I've read some amazing ideas on the QS Facebook page).

The Quicksilver's biggest advantage is its ease of setup. With its gas struts and crank system, you can likely set it up and take it down much faster than your Jayco, especially with young kids in tow. This is a big deal for convenience and frustration-free camping.