The Rise and Fall of LivinLite

Started by popgoesweasel, August 21, 2018, 12:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tco2612

Lots of beers and tears.................

Envision112

9/24/2018 - Thank you for the inquiry.  Livin Lite is part of the KZ family.  KZ has decided to suspend production of all Livin Lite brands until further notice.  Rest assured, that all parts and warranties on all Livin Lite products are and will continue to be honored for their full terms, the same as any other brands we produce.  That being said, all sales would have to be from what is already out in dealer's inventory.  Hope this answers any concerns you might have.

Sales Coordinator
0985 N. 900 West Shipshewana,IN.  46565
[email protected]
260-768-4016
Venture-RV-Logo

BMan

Extremely sorry to hear this, I know it's a tad after the announcement but we currently own a 2014 Livin Lite 8.5x28' FBR Quicksilver toy hauler. We absolutely love it. We looked for two years before we purchased this unit. I know Thor bought them after this, 2016?. Every time we think of selling our unit and buying something else, bigger, or better or a 5th wheel, we have NOT found anything in the market that we feel comes close. Sorry KZ, it is what it is. Thor, we've owned a Thor product, Hurricane 33' Class A. I'd rather go back to tent camping. De-lamination, electrical, roof membrane, hate to say never but.....Looks like our next toy hauler will have to be an ATC. My understanding is the original engineer who developed or at least help develop the Livin Lite brand, broke from them and started ATC. To date our 2014 has been great and we will have to, willingly, keep our current toy hauler for many years to come, best part of this is, it most likely will be around for many years to come unlike many of the current products available.

djsamuel

Quote from: BMan on September 25, 2018, 11:45:00 PM
Extremely sorry to hear this, I know it's a tad after the announcement but we currently own a 2014 Livin Lite 8.5x28' FBR Quicksilver toy hauler. We absolutely love it. We looked for two years before we purchased this unit. I know Thor bought them after this, 2016?. Every time we think of selling our unit and buying something else, bigger, or better or a 5th wheel, we have NOT found anything in the market that we feel comes close. Sorry KZ, it is what it is. Thor, we've owned a Thor product, Hurricane 33' Class A. I'd rather go back to tent camping. De-lamination, electrical, roof membrane, hate to say never but.....Looks like our next toy hauler will have to be an ATC. My understanding is the original engineer who developed or at least help develop the Livin Lite brand, broke from them and started ATC. To date our 2014 has been great and we will have to, willingly, keep our current toy hauler for many years to come, best part of this is, it most likely will be around for many years to come unlike many of the current products available.

I agree with your sentiments exactly.  The Thor acquisition was announced in September 2013, just as we were in the process of buying our 2013 21BHS.  However, it took a couple of years before Thor started changing the design.  Our 21BHS has been terrific and I can't imagine replacing it with anything else on the market.  Thor had a real gem in LivinLite and while maybe it was a bit of a diamond in the rough, they totally missed the characteristics that made the campers so appealing.  What a shame.

Doug
2013 Camplite 21BHS

John

I was looking for a quicksilver livin Lite in 2018 and 2019. I was able to line up a new one toward the end of 2019. It was through a dealer in Spokane, Washington state. It took us some time to decide, on driving to pick it up some 300 miles away. When we finally were ready to buy, when I called the dealer, I found out of the bad news that they did not have any, and they do not produce one anymore.
Boy that one hit us hard since we love comping, we were very excited that we finally were going to have our first popup camper. Oh well, we are still looking for a small (1000 lbs) popup camper, and hoping to find one soon in our area.

djsamuel

2013 Camplite 21BHS