Towing and Tow Vehicles > General Q & A

Sway / Weight distribution needed yes or no w/ F150 V8

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gibby:
I have a 2014 F150 FX4 with the 3.5L Ecoboost, and the 21RBS. I use a WD hitch and it makes all the difference in the world. Trust me on this one!

djsamuel:
My Ram 1500 can easily tow my 21BHS with no WDH.  However, I use the Andersen hitch and much prefer that.  Much better towing experience, just in terms of bouncing and peace of mind.

djmiller:
We get many questions concerning weight distribution hitches and if they are needed.  As a manufacturer we are hesitant to make any particular recommendation. For the most part if you have the appropriate tow vehicle, proper hitch height and your camper is loaded properly you should have no problems.
Here is a link to an article that can answer some of the common questions regarding weight distribution.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-weightdistribution.aspx

JazzyPigsGA:
Thanks Dan for weighing in! I understand the hesitation. We picked up Friday and it towed well. Got it up to 72 mph on I-75 with little sway. 65-70 seems optimal. Gonna break it in and see over time.

MarshHawk:
I'm wondering if I need one as well. Picking up the trailer in a few weeks. I hope it will be ok to make the trip from Illinois to back home in Maryland without one and see how it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version