Towing and Tow Vehicles > General Q & A

Sway / Weight distribution needed yes or no w/ F150 V8

<< < (3/3)

LANA/LARRY:
We just picked up a new CL21RBS towing it with a '16 Tundra 5.7L and using a Blue Ox load leveling sway control system. Mounted easily and tows like a dream, not even a bobble at interstate speeds going by semi trucks, bus, etc. Our truck didn't drop much putting trailer on the ball, so weight distribution probably not much of a need in our case anyway. Sway control is a big deal in my mind though. We have never towed our rig without sway control, so can't give comparison. We figured $300 for a high degree of certainty sway not likely to occur under widely varied conditions; especially considering what is at risk was a worthy insurance investment.

Found our year old Blue Ox on Craig's List for half of new price. Several brands were listed in our area when we were looking, may be worth checking this source near you. Good reviews on e-trailer.com for most any component you want including several brands of sway / load leveling devices.

Hope this helps.

Odie:
Thread revival.

Short answer is yes.

WD and anti-sway will make a noticable difference, but be careful not to go to high with the weight rating on the bars.

I tow a 21BHS with my F150 and I use a Blue Ox 750. A 1000 would probably be fine, but to high and it will be a rougher ride, as well as rough on the trailer.

LeoMon:
My answer is Yes too. But just be very careful.
best hcg drops

ChrstnaDavis:
The Andersen WD hitch is definitely a game-changer. I am using one too.
new car and truck

PaulT:
Ya no doubt,  with what you're driving you'll be fine!furnace cleaning

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version