King OmniPro Antenna

Started by Canuckrdp, July 23, 2020, 02:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuckrdp

I have a 2018 21RBS trailer.  The antenna has not worked since I got the trailer.  It hasn't bothered me as the outside cable connection appears to work and it is rare for us to use over the air signals.

However I wonder if anyone out there knows anything about how the antenna should work and what connections should be in place to make it work.

Here is what I have determined...

There is a grey coax connected to the Cable port on the back of King wall mount power injector which seems to match with the external coax-in port on the outside of the trailer as well as the coax port for an external TV.  So I assume the grey coax is for cable reception and that all appears to work fine when connected to a cable service at a camp ground.

In the ceiling behind the King Wall Mount Power Injector there are 2 coax cables laying in the ceiling, One white one and One black one.  Does anyone know what the difference of black or white means and I am guessing that one of them goes to the antenna but which one?

When I connect the black to the antenna port on the plate and depress the power button on the plate, run the scan on the TV, I get NO channels found.

When I connect the white coax to the antenna port on the back of the plate, press the power button the LED lights up for a second and immediately goes out.  (Not sure why this happens, anyone want to guess?). Clearly with no power to the plate I get NO channels found as well when I scan on the TV.

I called King for support and they said who knows what might be going on as they wouldn't know if it was installed properly in the first place!  That is, they were NO HELP!

I am hopeful someone out there may have an idea of what to might be going on.

Should I order a new wall plate?

DaveL

I have the opposite problem.  The amplified antenna on top of the trailer works very well (digital signals).  However the cable connector on the side of the trailer seems sporadic,  Sporadic in that at several campgrounds now when I have hooked up the campground cable connection, the TV scans a mixture of digital and analog channels.  The digital signals are excellent and they all work.  The analog signals are almost all unwatchable but they get more watchable in the higher channel numbers.

The next thing to do is to swap out the cable itself but I am suspicious with one set of channels working and the other not) that it is more likely the connector on the side of the trailer that has corrosion or something going on.....  Or it is possible that it is the TV itself but I kind of doubt it.

Any thoughts?

On your issue, the amplified antenna on top will require an external power source (for the amplifier).  Normally this is accomplished by injecting a DC power signal on top of the coax to the antenna.  A capacitor is on the TV and antenna ends to allow the TV signal through while keeping the DC voltage out of the TV (and stray voltage off the antenna).  The amplifier for the antenna is usually at the antenna base for maximum signal boost without noise.  Depending on the setup, they may choose to isolate the DC from the cable connection as well (you wouldn't want the DC on the cable connection as well) OR there might be some isolation in the splitter box between the two...... the simplest would be a the DC power supply enclosed in a box which sounds a lot like yours with an LED indicator with internal capacitors for isolation on the amplified TV connector ports.  You have any pictures?

DaveL

Chagrin......  I responded to the last message based on my old ham radio days where on VHF and UHF frequencies we would use mast mounted preamps (RF amplifiers) at the antenna and then superimpose the DC control voltage to the amplifier on the coax.  A lot of consumer grade antenna preamps work the same way..... I have one I bought from Walmart on my home antenna.  But after looking at a couple of internet threads it appears that some campers have a switch or button that basically turns the control power to the amplified antenna (on / off) and I am guessing that the same switch is used to switch between the two different feeds manually.  I will look for the switch.  Learning more every day.  Sorry for any confusion.

olivia9203

It can also make the workout more challenging and help to improve cardiovascular health. Most treadmills come with an incline setting, but be sure to check the specs to make sure it is suitable for seniors. https://treadmillmaintenancetips.com/best-treadmill-under-1000/