Camping w/ kids in FL

Started by hwagley, February 20, 2017, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwagley

Hi-

Bought our 1st trailer in Dec. and have been on 4, 1-2 night trips since then.  We have the camplite BHB 2013 model. 
What I love:
-The silvery interior colors (I hate the 80s wood camper decor)
-All aluminum!!! This is newbie camper proof... leaks... no problem!
-Double axle- it was difficult finding a new camper that was lightweight & double axel (have a 4runner & want to be able to pack it up if we need to... not just 600-800 leeway)
-WINDOWS ... love the windows- that there are lots- they open wide & the shades & screens... who else has that at this price point??!?
-lots of storage for small camper
-entryway area (we have coathooks & shoe storage as soon as we walk in)
-the amount of perks for a small trailer (larger fridge w/ inside freezer... convection microwave)
-ease of towability
-queen bed dinette conversion... 60X80...I'm pretty happy with the size of the adult sleeping space (though not necessarily comfort factor- we use a blowup queen) - but that makes options much easier with standard sizing

What I would want to change:
-increased black tank storage... we have 1 day max
-sensors... this model has no sensors for anything (water levels, black/gray tanks, batteries, etc.)
-propane tanks- has 1 tank and ideally I'd like 2
-dedicated adult bed... with kids I think I'd like to have a dedicated dining area & dedicated bed... but if I had to choose, I'd have kids' bunks any day and work to make my own bed
-again... space isssue- this is an awesome camper for short weekend trips- but we definitely cannot fit all 4 people inside without at least 2 of us being in a bed- and no room to stand up and change clothes etc.  & storage space can be hard to access with adult bed made.

Overall... It was between this and a new micro-minne winnebago.  I am really  happy we ended up with this camper- it's unique and very easy for beginners.  It's a little tight for a family of 4, but the kids are little & it forces us to hang out outside.  Much better than tent camping!  Happy camping!

Holly

Diversteve

That is a nice camper.
The next step up CL21 BHS would give you a bed and dining area.
The slide adds a lot of room.
Still a light rig.

hwagley

I agree! love how light it is... but I think a longer BH model may be in our future.