Buying a 2016 Camplite 21RBS

Started by Coleman, February 18, 2020, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coleman

Hello Everyone,

The wife and I are looking to buy a 2016 Camplite 21RBS this weekend from a dealer that's no so highly reviewed in yelp. The dealer is eight hours away from us so it's a pretty good drive just to look at it. We're wondering if anyone could help us with information on any common problems these models have. I've read about cracked frames, but that's about it. Any input is greatly appreciated!

djsamuel

Our 2013 21BHS has been excellent.  The biggest issue is corrosion along the edges of the entry door as well as the cargo doors.  Other than that, make sure the windows are in good shape; open and close correctly and all of the latches are there.  Also, just make sure everything works.  All of the parts inside the camper are pretty much industry standard stuff, so even if the dealer you're looking at doesn't seem to good, no problem getting most parts from elsewhere.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

rrtrntowing

We have a 2018 CL 21 RBS Platinum.  We have had no problems with it other than the one I caused by turning the electric  water heater on before filling the hot water tank.  This burnt out the electric heater element.  Very easy to replace and totally my fault.  There was a recall for cracks in the frame but our unit didnt have any.  We still had the work done.  We have gone for full hook up camping and for complete dry camping with a generator.  The CL 21 was great in both cases.  I do have the benefit of a great dealer in our area.  Gerton Auto Sales in Mt Vernon, Indiana.  We are planning a 6,000 mile trip in May to Rocky Mountain NP then on to Yellowstone for a week.  We look forward to it and have no doubt our CL will perform as expected as has up to now.  In short....we love it.  No rust no rot.

djsamuel

Enjoy your trip.  We've made several long trips with our 21BHS; the longest from Florida, out to the Grand Canyon, then up to Moab, UT.  In total we were gone about 3.5 weeks.  It was amazing and the Camplite was great.  Rocky Mountain NP is on our list and we loved Yellowstone.  I retire next year so we'll head back out west again then.  Until then we've made several trips to Townsend, TN and the Smoky Mountain NP.  Another favorite of mine.
2013 Camplite 21BHS